Friday, February 19, 2010

What is with the naked? AFViolence?My exciting nightlife

(1)Someday I may regret putting this out there publicly but I am a concerned parent! Let me start by saying the only time we primetime tv is once the kids are in bed. For some reason Brighton is into this naked thing. She wants to have sleeveless shirts so she takes it off half way or somedays all the way saying she is hot. It is winter in Wisconsin!! There is no heat! Besides her creditbilility is lost when she runs under the covers after about 30 seconds. WHY? Why does a 4 yr old do this? Is the occaisional Wizards of Waverly Place or ICarly teaching my young daughter how to be a hoochie? She doesn't get it from her mama.(I reserve my tube top wearing for state fairs only.) Fill me in if you have any ideas fellow mothers!
(2) Who knew America's Funniest Home Videos prime audience was 4-6 yr olds? My kids love this show. I guess I was too old to appreciate it. Brings me to another dilema. Is this show desensitizing my children to violence. Often I watch with them, and very often a "ohhh" or "uhhh" or "owww" comes out of my mouth. They tell me it ruins the show for them. They don't want to think of the pain of running into a glass window or getting smacked in the head with some kind of fast pitch , etc, etc, etc. How can you not think of that? That show is mainly violence. And obviously the easiest $10,000 some people have ever made.
(3) Pregnancy dreams. Ahhhh. Must have to do with getting up to go pee every couple hours. I tell ya though, waking life mundane, nightlife in my dreams EXCITING! Could explain the occaisional 12 hr slumber. That or the Wisconsin winter. Anyhow, fun to blog my dream journal. Much better than telling you about the incredible heaping laundry pile/national monument in my bedroom. (All clean, mind you. I went on a laundry bender a few weeks ago and stuck everything I could find in the washer.-Love the smell of Era and a laundry sheet when nothing else seems clean.-However could not keep up with the folding that had to be done after.2 weeks later realizing I MAY have to find an iron.)Back to the fun part, the DREAMS! I can't catch you up on all of them but this week we had one featuring that curly haired teacher on GLEE. Can I just say I hated this show when it started. I didn't get it. It seemed like the kids were from the 50's living in modern times or something. And that dumb kid that thought his indiscretion of sitting in a hot tub got a girl pregnant made me mad every week. I would like to give the teenagers of the world more credit. Sure, I know this kid exists somewhere. I digress. I was dating the curly haired teacher but was still in high school. It was forbidden love. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't in the glee club or anything, just hanging out with Mr. cantrememberhisname. Not that great. But, LAST NIGHT-I was the personal assistant of George Clooney/Sarah Palin who were running mates for 2012. I was so excited to have this job. Would I vote for this duo? Maybe not. In real life, George and I differ over politics. Nothing we couldn't hammer out if we spent some time at his villa in Italy. But I am not going to let him win me over by charm alone. In the dream I kept thinking when is George taking me on a business lunch. Maybe I was hungry. (too much food network, makes my Kraft Mac N Cheese pale in comparison.) Which brings me to tonight. I am typing this at 4am because my dreams are too exciting. Glad i am back on the blog to get this out. Tonight's dream was just Morgan Freeman driving an old truck through the backyard doing farm work. ZZZZzzzz. I must get back my dreams await...

4 comments:

Liz Smith said...

lol...oh jen, you crack me up. :) congrats on the pregnancy!!

Emily Widdison said...

I want those dreams!!
I just wake up with a killer headache at night when I'm pregnant.

about the tube top 3 year old--My neighbors girl went through this phase. They just kept talking about how their bodies were sacred and that wearing clothes like that were not modest...eventually she stopped and became the most modest girl on the block. She never watched anything but disney princess movies but let's face it---most of them are pretty slutty looking!
maybe no more icarly:)
Good luck
Luke is still 3 and he likes to be naked up to his underwear and get under covers and say he likes to be cozy---or run around and say he is a nomad or a Nephite...he doesn't watch disney princesses OR icarly and wizards of whatever.
so, carry on. none of us know what we are doing.

Cheryl Anne said...

HAHAHA!! LOVE pregnant dreams! Those are some dewsies!! LOL!

As for the clothing thing, I'm not sure I can help, but I can sympathize! My now 5 year old did that to me when she was about 3... I think she was extra sensitive to the fabric on her arms. I don't know. But she did outgrow it!

Michelle said...

I think kids just go through a naked faze. I remember my brothers always stripping down when they were little and right now my 2 year old likes to take off his clothes too. I'm thinking kids eventually learn modesty, but haven't seen it at my house yet:) Ha ha ha.